“Easily create two sided 3D DisplayObjects and flip card effects using Flash Player 10 and the new 3D API
I’ve made a couple of small improvements to the PaperSprite class:
- The visible face of the plane is updated automatically only when required. This saves on processing load and also means you can just set up the PaperSprite and not have to worry about anything else, just tween the crap out of all its properties and it won’t mind one bit. (Thanks to Jesse for the pointers re. using stage.invalidate for this process)
- The back face is now automatically flipped horizontally, so text and graphics are no longer mirrored and will display correctly
- I’ve changed the logic which sets the dynamic registration point for the pivot. This should now correctly line up the front and back faces of the 3D plane, regardless of where their individual registration points are.
Also, some people have asked how to use it, so here is a really quick example to get you up and running with PaperSprite if you are not familiar with using classes and are using the Flash IDE to compile your movie:
- First, download the PaperSprite class and put the soulwire folder in the same directory as your FLA or source code.
- Then paste this code into the main timeline of your FLA:
Read : Double Sided 3D Plane in FP10 »