I’ve abstracted the code into a simple framework which I’ve called the WTF Engine, that allows you to create a generator for any subject.
Here are a few of my favourite generative mashups so far:
- Blackberry application that generates poetry based on Yelp data
- Platform for building Wii controlled, memcached dashboard widgets for Open Frameworks enabled devices
- Windows optimised GMail configurator for social microblogging
- Podcast that generates poetry based on Google Earth data
- Scalable, PHP based Feedburner API explorer with a hand tracking front-end
- Feature detecting blogging platform for Lingo, Haxe and AS3
- Pascal based kiosk to replace data visualisations and hook into GMail via Twitter and Google Maps
- Multi-touch, open source Digg microblogging utility powered by Slashdot and the Google Gears C# API
- Platform for building dynamic, Wii controlled iPad applications for MATLAB enabled devices
- Python based Del.icio.us and GitHub mashup, designed for generative gaming
- Scalable, Wii controlled GitHub shopping utility powered by Foursquare & the Yahoo Pipes API
- Ajax based platform for rapidly developing kiosks based on Google Gears data
- Perl based platform for rapidly developing art installations based on GitHub data
Have fun, and if for any bizarre reason you make one of them, let me know!